GeoCoordinate builds geometry as a set of geographic 3D coordinates. These are transformed into a geocentric, curved-earth representation. GeoCoordinate is only used by IndexedFaceSet, IndexedLineSet, LineSet and PointSet. GeoCoordinate can contain a GeoOrigin node.
The GeoCoordinate node belongs to the Geospatial component and requires at least level 1, its default container field is coord. It is available from X3D version 3.0 or higher.
1 2 3 4 + X3DNode + X3DGeometricPropertyNode + X3DCoordinateNode + GeoCoordinate
Single contained GeoOrigin node that can specify a local coordinate frame for extended precision.
- XML validation requires placement as first child node following contained metadata nodes (if any).
Identifies spatial reference frame: Geodetic (GD), Geocentric (GC), Universal Transverse Mercator (UTM). Supported values: “GD” “UTM” or “GC” followed by additional quoted string parameters as appropriate for the type.
- X3D Architecture 25.2.2 Spatial reference frames
- X3D Architecture 25.2.4 Specifying geospatial coordinates
- UTM is Universal Transverse Mercator coordinate system
- Deprecated values are GDC (replaced by GD) and GCC (replaced by GC).
point contains a set of actual 3D geographic coordinates, provided in geoSystem format can split strings if desired: “x1 y1 z1 x2 y2 z2” or “x1 y1 z1”, “x2 y2 z2”
- Requires X3D
profile='Full'or else include
<component name='Geospatial' level='1'/>