We offer here a couple of introductory X3D tutorials on X3D concepts. It serves as background material for Titania and X_ITE.
The only hardware and software requirement for most of the tutorials is a computer with the latest version of Titania or your favorite text editor and X_ITE. Titania has extensive documentation. It is the perfect environment to get started in creating sensational X3D scenes.
Let’s See What We Can Do…
Simple, fast and efficient, our X3D tutorials give you all the tips and tricks to advance in the construction of your project.
- Hello, World
- First let’s go over to the »Hello World« tutorial, which displays a simple earth and the text »Hello World!«.
- A Quick Overview: Basic Nodes
- Here are the basic nodes described, which are often used in an X3D world.
Shapes, Geometry, and Appearance
- Introducing X3D
- Building a X3D World
- Building Primitive Shapes
- Transforming Shapes
- Controlling Appearance with Materials
- Grouping Nodes
- Naming Nodes
Animation, Sensors, and Geometry
- Introducing Animation
- Animating Transforms
- Sensing Viewer Actions
- Building Ahapes out of Points, Lines, and Faces
- Building Elevation Grids
- Building Extruded Shapes
- Controlling Color on Coordinate-Based Geometry
- Controlling Shading on Coordinate-Based Geometry
Textures, Lights, and Environment
- Mapping Textures
- Controlling How Textures are Mapped
- Lighting Your World
- Adding Backgrounds
- Adding Fog
- Adding Sound
- Controlling the Viewpoint
- Controlling Navigation
- Sensing the Viewer
Scripts and Prototypes
- Controlling Detail
- Introducing Script Use
- Writing Program Scripts with ECMAScript
- Creating New Node Types
- Providing Tnformation About Your wWorld
Some words about optimizing a scene
- Improve Performance
- To optimize a scene is an important task when creating an X3D scene. There are several ways to improve performance.
- Increasing Rendering Speed
There are also Books for Further Reading
X3D: Extensible 3D Graphics for Web Authors by Don Brutzman and Leonard Daly
Don’t Compromise on Development Experience