Sphere is a geometry node, representing a perfectly round geometrical object that is the surface of a completely round ball.
The Sphere node belongs to the Geometry3D component and requires at least level 1, its default container field is geometry. It is available since VRML 2.0 and from X3D version 3.0 or higher.
1 2 3 + X3DNode + X3DGeometryNode + Sphere
Size in meters.
- For size animation, modify the scale of a parent/ancestor Transform node instead.
- Simple-geometry dimensions are initializeOnly and cannot be changed after initial creation, avoiding the need for potentially expensive tessellation at run time.
Setting solid true means draw only one side of polygons (backface culling on), setting solid false means draw both sides of polygons (backface culling off).
- Mnemonic “this geometry is solid like a brick” (you don’t render the inside of a brick).
- If in doubt, use solid=’false’ for maximum visibility.
- (X3D version 4.0 ISO.proof draft) accessType relaxed to inputOutput in order to support animation and visualization.
- Default value true can completely hide geometry if viewed from wrong side!
- solid false not supported in VRML97.