CollisionSensor generates collision-detection events.
The CollisionSensor node belongs to the RigidBodyPhysics component and requires at least level 1, its default container field is children. It is available from X3D version 3.2 or higher.
1 2 3 4 + X3DNode + X3DChildNode + X3DSensorNode + CollisionSensor
Author-provided prose that describes intended purpose of the node.
- Many XML tools substitute XML character references for special characters automatically if needed within an attribute value (such as & for & ampersand character, or " for “ quotation-mark character).
Enables/disables node operation.
isActive true/false events are sent when sensing starts/stops.
- It is an error to define this transient outputOnly field in an X3D file, instead only use it a source for ROUTE events.
Output field intersections.
Output field contacts.
The collider field specifies a CollisionCollection node that holds a collidables field of nodes and spaces that are to be included in collision-detection computations.
- Contains CollisionCollection node (
- CollisionSensor also has output events: CollidableOffset and CollidableShape nodes (
containerField='intersections'),Contact nodes (
- Event timing details are explained in X3D Specification 220.127.116.11 Execution model
- Content must be visible to be collidable and to be pickable.