PointSet is a node that contains a set of colored 3D points, represented by contained Color or ColorRGBA and Coordinate or CoordinateDouble nodes.
The PointSet node belongs to the Rendering component and requires at least level 1, its default container field is geometry. It is available since VRML 2.0 and from X3D version 3.0 or higher.
1 2 3 + X3DNode + X3DGeometryNode + PointSet
Single contained FloatVertexAttribute node that can specify list of per-vertex attribute information for programmable shaders.
Single contained FogCoordinate node that can specify depth parameters for fog in corresponding geometry.
Single contained Normal node that can specify perpendicular vectors for corresponding vertices to support rendering computations.
- Useful for special effects. Normal vector computation by 3D graphics hardware is quite fast so adding normals to a scene is typically unnecessary.
- normal vectors increase file size, typically doubling geometry definitions.
- Point (geometry)
- Either values in a contained Color node, or else Material emissiveColor in corresponding Appearance node, are used for rendering lines and points.
- Insert a Shape node before adding geometry or Appearance.
- Each point is displayed independently, no other PointSet attributes for rendering are provided.
- Use a different color (or Material emissiveColor) than the Background color, otherwise geometry is invisible.