ExplosionEmitter generates all particles from a specific point in space at the initial time enabled.
The ExplosionEmitter node belongs to the ParticleSystems component and requires at least level 1, its default container field is emitter. It is available from X3D version 3.2 or higher.
1 2 3 + X3DNode + X3DParticleEmitterNode + ExplosionEmitter
Enables/disables production of particles from this emitter node. If operating when turned off, existing particles complete their rendering process.
Point from which particles emanate.
Initial linear speed (default is m/s) imparted to all particles along their direction of movement.
Multiplier for the randomness used to control the range of possible output values. The bigger the value, the more random the output and the bigger the range of initial values possible.
- variation of zero does not allow any randomness.
Basic mass of each particle, defined in mass base units (default is kilograms).
- mass is needed if gravity or other force-related calculations are performed on a per-particle basis.
- X3D Architecture 4.3.6 Standard units and coordinate system
Particle surface area in area base units (default is meters squared). Surface area is used for calculations such as wind effects per particle.
- surfaceArea value represents average frontal area presented to the wind.
- Assumes spherical model for each particle (i.e., surface area is the same regardless of direction).