NurbsSwungSurface contains a profileCurve and a trajectoryCurve [X3DNurbsControlCurveNode].
The NurbsSwungSurface node belongs to the NURBS component and requires at least level 3, its default container field is geometry. It is available from X3D version 3.0 or higher.
1 2 3 4 + X3DNode + X3DGeometryNode + X3DParametricGeometryNode + NurbsSwungSurface
Setting solid true means draw only one side of polygons (backface culling on), setting solid false means draw both sides of polygons (backface culling off).
- Mnemonic “this geometry is solid like a brick” (you don’t render the inside of a brick).
- If in doubt, use solid=’false’ for maximum visibility.
- (X3D version 4.0 ISO.proof draft) accessType relaxed to inputOutput in order to support animation and visualization.
- Default value true can completely hide geometry if viewed from wrong side!
ccw defines clockwise/counterclockwise ordering of vertex coordinates, which in turn defines front/back orientation of polygon normals according to Right-Hand Rule (RHR).
- A good debugging technique for problematic polygons is to try changing the value of ccw, which can reverse solid effects (single-sided backface culling) and normal-vector direction.
- Consistent and correct ordering of left-handed or right-handed point sequences is important throughout the coord array of point values.
2D curve in the yz-plane that describes the cross-sectional shape of the object.
2D curve in the xz-plane that describes path over which to trace the cross-section.