Rectangle2D is a geometry node that defines a 2D rectangle in X-Y plane.
The Rectangle2D node belongs to the Geometry2D component and requires at least level 1, its default container field is geometry. It is available from X3D version 3.0 or higher.
1 2 3 + X3DNode + X3DGeometryNode + Rectangle2D
2D dimensions of Rectangle2D.
- For size animation, modify the scale of a parent/ancestor Transform node instead.
- Simple-geometry dimensions are initializeOnly and cannot be changed after initial creation, avoiding the need for potentially expensive tessellation at run time.
Setting solid true means draw only one side of polygons (backface culling on), setting solid false means draw both sides of polygons (backface culling off).
- Mnemonic “this geometry is solid like a brick” (you don’t render the inside of a brick).
- If in doubt, use solid=’false’ for maximum visibility.
- (X3D version 4.0 ISO.proof draft) accessType relaxed to inputOutput in order to support animation and visualization.
- Default value true can completely hide geometry if viewed from wrong side!
- solid false not supported in VRML97.
- Insert a Shape node before adding geometry or Appearance. Examples: X3D Example Archives, X3D for Web Authors, Chapter 10 Geometry 2D