Polyline2D is a geometry node that defines a connected set of vertices in a contiguous set of line segments in X-Y plane.
The Polyline2D node belongs to the Geometry2D component and requires at least level 1, its default container field is geometry. It is available from X3D version 3.0 or higher.
1 2 3 + X3DNode + X3DGeometryNode + Polyline2D
Coordinates of vertices connected into contiguous Polyline2D.
- For size animation, modify the scale of a parent/ancestor Transform node instead.
- Simple-geometry dimensions are initializeOnly and cannot be changed after initial creation, avoiding the need for potentially expensive tessellation at run time.
- Material emissiveColor in corresponding Appearance is used for rendering lines.
- Adding LineProperties to the corresponding Appearance node can modify the rendering style of these lines.
- Insert a Shape node before adding geometry or Appearance. Examples: X3D Example Archives, X3D for Web Authors, Chapter 10 Geometry 2D
- Lines are not lit, are not texture-mapped, and do not participate in collision detection.
- Use a different Material emissiveColor than the Background color, otherwise geometry is invisible.